Couch Craft: Bright Felt Ornament

Since July I've been wanting to try my hand at creating my felt Christmas bauble ornament in bright, non-traditional colors. I started October's couch craft making pumpkins (as yet unfinished), but the itch to get those ornaments out of my head grew too strong to ignore. So this past weekend I sat down in front of the TV with my glue gun and got them out of my head.

Bright Felt Bauble Ornament | The Inspired Wren #christmasornament #feltornament


COUCH CRAFT: That which you create with your hands while sitting on the couch in the evening watching, or rather listening to, television.

With big, plastic gems and icy colors reminiscent of a certain movie everyone seems to be dressing up as for Halloween this year, these ornaments feel perfect for that young person in your life who can't stop singing Let It Go. Make one as a gift topper for you littlest or sit your not-so-little one down and make them together.


Bright Felt Bauble Ornament | The Inspired Wren #christmasornament #feltornament

When I first made the bauble, I used wool felt off the bolt in classic Christmas colors. For these I went for the pre-cut sheets of felt and found a stiffer, card-stockier version (I was previously unaware stiffened felt was even available). And some of the sheets also have glitter, yay! I like the way these baubles hold shape better -- at the very least I'm not as concerned about crushing them because the final ornaments seem less delicate. However I did these with the floral wire & hot glue method and I'm not so sure I'd want to be pushing a needle through six layers of this stiff felt. 

Bright Felt Bauble Ornament | The Inspired Wren #christmasornament #feltornament

I know, I know, Halloween isn't even over yet. And I'll confess, The Peanut's costume is barely started (what? this should come as no surprise to those of you who know me). But it's fun to follow the creative pull wherever it may take you, even if it takes you out of season. So when you're ready to make one or a dozen of these ornaments yourself, click over to my original tutorial for quick step by step directions illustrating how to create your own handmade Felt Christmas Bauble. Bonus: you can recreate this ornament in the colors of your choice with thread or with hot glue!

Felt Bauble Ornament Tutorial | The Inspired Wren #christmasornament #feltornament


Just out of curiousity, what's your current Couch Craft?



Ren Murphy writes for The Inspired Wren.

___________________________________________________
   
You should really see all that goes into each project!
It's Kids Clothes Week! I'm very busy on Instagram (and Flickr) sharing my works-in-progress. So click on over to get that behind the scenes view you’re looking for, and sneak peeks of First Tuesday Tutorials, too.
___________________________________________________

The Inspired Wren is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.