2013 In Review

2013 was the year of Mary Poppins. Not only did we watch and read a lot of her, but with the help of my sewing machine, crochet hooks, and The Peanut, we were privileged to meet her in person. Twice! (Once at her 4th Birthday Party and again on Halloween.)


It was also the year of Oliver + S patterns.
The Best of the Best, Part 1:

The Best of the Best, Part 2:

And all of them at once (in lovely phone-snapshots):


But I didn't just sew Oliver + S, other creations came off my machine as well.


And off my hooks!


I already have finished projects for 2014, and I'm looking forward to sharing the year with you.



___________________________________________________
   
You should really see all that goes into each project!
From my model preferring to wear washi tape on her navel instead of the clothes I've sewn for her, to the ingenious way that I’ve re-purposed my favorite sewing tool, a chopstick, into a spool pin for double needle sewing on my machine. Daily updates on Instagram (and Flickr) of works-in-progress will give you that behind the scenes view you’re looking for, and sneak peeks of First Tuesday Tutorials, too.
___________________________________________________