Couch Craft: Tiny Crochet Hat, Perfect (and Quick!)

Brand new babies are the best. I know one scheduled to arrive in less than a week. Eight months ago I made a pair of too cute pants for this not-yet-newborn. But as his arrival gets closer I couldn't help but make him a little something else. 

Crochet Cables Baby Beanie | A tiny cap for a brand new baby is a wonderfully satisfying and super quick crochet project. | The Inspired Wren



The little guy is predicted to be a big baby, so I'm crossing my fingers this little crocheted hat fits; don't let the current (doll) model fool you, it has more stretch than seen here. If it doesn't fit, I'll just have to whip up another -- it comes together super fast. 

Crochet Cables Baby Beanie | A tiny cap for a brand new baby is a wonderfully satisfying and super quick crochet project. | The Inspired Wren

The truth is I fell in love with this yarn when I used it on my Spiral Planter Covers. I've been searching about for a hat pattern to make for myself (I predict I'll want one for upcoming mornings at the school bus stop). I used the last of the yarn I had on this tiny, cabled cap but I will be getting more.

Crochet Cables Baby Beanie | A tiny cap for a brand new baby is a wonderfully satisfying and super quick crochet project. | The Inspired Wren


I have the slightest of colds right now so I'm mainlining all the Vitamin C to kick it, because I can't wait to hold this new little man no matter what he's wearing.

Crochet Cables Baby Beanie | A tiny cap for a brand new baby is a wonderfully satisfying and super quick crochet project. | The Inspired Wren

Pattern

Crochet Cables Baby Beanie by Emma Duffy

Yarn

Lion Brand Heartland, in Tweed

Love

It's so adorably tiny! It came together so fast! It has baby cables!

Note

Tiny, quick things are so satisfying. I've also been working up some new pumpkins to add to my collection from last year


Ren Murphy writes for The Inspired Wren.
___________________________________________________
   
You should really see all that goes into each project!
From my marathon sewing sessions, to all that I do when I should be sewing, catch daily updates on Instagram (and Flickr) of works-in-progress. Get that behind the scenes view you’re looking for, and sneak peeks of First Tuesday Tutorials, too.
___________________________________________________

The Inspired Wren is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.