August 25, 2015

One-Week Crochet Along Delay



I regret to inform you that Square 8, Waves, of the crochet along afghan sampler is currently delayed by one week. Let me explain...

Remember when I said "I'm making this up as I go?" That would be great if I weren't a one-woman show with bit of a perfectionist streak. Here's the problem: my hook is still in my first square and I don't like the proportions -- I really have to pull up on it or it's too wide for our 9-inch sampler. I've pulled out a new hook and am starting the second color with a smaller foundation chain count to see if that creates the 9-inches we are going for. 

Base chain = 46; Rows = 37 (not counting chain)
Here's what I can tell you. This month we'll be working square 8 of 10 (getting close now!), Crochet Waves. I originally found this stitch at Mom's Crochet; we'll be doing the slip-stitch version. The pattern is formed in four rows, each row made up of alternating slip-stitch and half-double crochet.

Start Without Me?

If you really want to give this a go before next week, I am following the pattern as written on Mom's Crochet -- the current one I don't like uses a beginning chain of 46, the one I've just started uses a chain of 36. If you happen to hook fast, try them out and let me know which you prefer!


See you next week with a full, proportionally correct pattern!

The back doesn't yield waves, but this lovely texture instead.



Ren Murphy writes for The Inspired Wren.

___________________________________________________
   
You should really see all that goes into each project!
From my marathon sewing sessions, to all that I do when I #shouldhavebeensewing catch daily updates on Instagram (and Flickr) of works-in-progress. Get that behind the scenes view you’re looking for, and sneak peeks of upcoming tutorials, too.
___________________________________________________

The Inspired Wren is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes you hyst have to pull it out and try again to make it work. Which is fine. I look forward to getting the full pattern when you work out how to make it fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you hyst have to pull it out and try again to make it work. Which is fine. I look forward to getting the full pattern when you work out how to make it fit.

    ReplyDelete